Saturday 27 April 2013

Beaglebone Black

Having tried using the Raspberry Pi for digital mode decoding and realised that lack of speed was an issue, I started looking at the beaglebone board that I was looking at for another application. Unfortunately it's biggest drawback for me was that it does not have a video output.

I was very interested to discover that there is an upcoming Beaglebone Black board which has many extra features that the beaglebone board does not have. It has :-






  • USB client for power & debug
  • USB host
  • 512MB SDRAM
  • 2GB Flash memory (which can contain the OS)
  • Ethernet
  • HDMI video & audio
  • 2x 46 pin headers
  • serial port (rather than via USB)
  • user definableLEDS
It also supports Ubuntu and Android

Searching around the distributors I found none had them in stock but Mouser supposedly had some coming in may 2 so one was ordered




No comments:

Post a Comment