Monday, March 28, 2016

Upgrading the K3S for 475kHz

Having had the initial try of the K3S on 475kHz here It was time to properly implement the low frequency bands on the K3S. The first step was to convert both KBPF3 to KBPF3A (one on the main RX one on the SUBRX). It is a simple process requiring the removal of 2 inductors from the board and adding 3 capacitors in parallel with existing capacitors. To make it look neater I actually replaced the existing capacitors. While the KRX3 was open I also added the electrolytic capacitor specified across the 9V rail. The whole process took 30 minutes

While the box was open I also added the K3EXREF 10MHz lock board and the K144XV (with K144RFLK)

I hooked up the RX antenna port to the PA0RDT active antenna in the loft and was pleased to see some DX:-

TimestampCallMHzSNRDriftGridPwr
kmaz
 2016-03-28 00:04  G0MRF  0.475770  -13  0  IO91tk  5
 151  300 
 2016-03-28 00:00  DK7FC  0.475682  -20  0  JN49ik  1 827  295 
 2016-03-27 23:50  DH5RAE  0.475755  -28  0  JN68qv  0.5   1161  294 
 2016-03-27 23:16  PA3ABK/2  0.475785  -24  0  JO21it  0.5
 481  277 
 2016-03-27 23:14  F1AFJ  0.475703  -27  0  JN06ht  1
 625  341 
 2016-03-27 22:26  DJ0ABR  0.475665  -30  0  JN68nt  0.2  1148  294

No comments:

Post a Comment