Sunday 12 June 2022

IARU contest 2022 Day 2 Wharram le street IO94PB

 On the second day of the contest both Rob and I moved locations. I went to Wharram le Street IO94PB88 (just down the road from the deserted medial village at Wharram Percy) and Rob went to Sutton Bank IO94JF55,  a path length of 38km

2 way QSOs were had on all bands 432MHz (despite the local radar qrm and me using the 24GHz transverter 436.5MHz output of 250mW into a dual band co-linear) through 24GHz. Signals were not as loud as the previous day, but the path was slightly obstructed

Only equipment issue was the 6cm FMTV only producing vido output when it so desired, but by wiggling cables Rob saw the numbers


Takeoff towards Rob

9cm


24GHz

I also easily worked G4EEV 2 way on 23cm for my longest contact of the day at 61km 




No comments:

Post a Comment