Friday 17 June 2022

Portable on Rosedale Moor IO94MJ

Before returning South I wanted to try another path with Rob M0DTS/P The slightly obstructed path was 115km between IO85XF20 (Winters Gibbett) and IO94MJ97 (Rosedale Moor) 

 Two way QSOs were had on all bands 2GHz and 24GHz on 333ks DATV with MER ranging from 24dB on 9cm to 5dB on 24GHz(rob forgot to pack the 23cm antennas!) 

 A Two way QSO was also had on 6cm FMTV, the previous intermittent issue with carrier and no video on transmit being traced to a poor quality Chinese BNC plug 

My FMTV signal was also received by G1LPS in IO94EQ at 55km after he did some careful arranging of components through the shack window

9cm equipment

24 GHz equipment



6cm FMTV equipment


24GHz signal received


13cm signal received (Note Gibbett at Robs site!)

The following day I went to Pickering and caught the NYMR train to Whitby, which was much busier than the visit the previous Monday. I was staying at the White horse farm in at Rosedale abbey. 

On Sunday I intended to get up to see the sunrise but my GPS was on GMT so i missed it by an hour, so contented myself with a walk on the moors, getting back for breakfast at 0930




It took 4.5 hours to get from Rosedale Abbey to Malvern. 




In total, 560 miles were driven in the 10 days!


No comments:

Post a Comment